3/12/2012

Spring, Bluebonnets, wildflowers and bees

Spring has sprung. One of the many things that I love about living in Texas is when we have a good wildflower season. We don't always get good ones. Dry winters mean little to no bluebonnets or colorful flowers. BUT we've had a good wet winter and the flowers are showing up everywhere in full force. Nevermind that technically they are weeds, and nevermind that when I go out to shoot them my nose runs and my eyes get all itchy. It's a delight to get to capture these beauties when I am able to.

sm_5778
busy bees all over the place doing what they do

sm_5770
My favorite shot of the day, I wonder if this is what it looks like to the bees?

sm_5746
Indian blanket.

sm_5815
White prickly poppies, I also call them "toilet paper flowers", because that is what they look like to me.

sm_5806
Purple phlox, a field of these is just breath taking. Like a sea of purple.

sm_5783
Look! Red, white and blue!

1 comments:

Tracy March 14, 2012 at 2:10 PM  

Beautiful Becky! You do great work.

I Heart Faces Photography Network

visits to my blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP