1/19/2009

snowflakes of light


snowflakes of light, originally uploaded by beckeyz.

Confession time, I have yet to take my tree down. Generally, we take it down after Jan 6, but I have been lazy this year and it will probably come down sometime this week.

Anyhow, I was playing with some "holiday specs" (prism type glasses) that we got at Cracker Barrel before Christmas and I decided to try some shots of the tree with the glasses in front of my lens. I had forgotten that I still had the camera in b/w mode so this was the first shot I got. If you want to see the colored version, click on the picture above to go to my flickr album with the color shot, it's pretty neat too, and you can see the prismed "rainbow" around each flake.

8 comments:

Unknown January 19, 2009 at 1:18 AM  

I checked out the color one, but I do like the b/w one better, I think... It's just crazy because it looks like it's a fake picture... like clipart snowflakes and such on a black background, but it's not. I like it!

BeckeyZ January 19, 2009 at 2:37 AM  

I thought it was pretty cool. I always surprise myself. What I think is junk in the camera turns out really interesting once I upload it.

Thanks for the comment bman!

Unknown January 19, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

I had those glasses one year and had fun looking at all the Christmas displays with them.

I also had something similar to them on July 4th last year when watching my block set off fireworks. It was cool.

katdish January 19, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

Are you kidding me? That's a photograph? Amazing.

Anonymous January 22, 2009 at 6:28 AM  

That's pretty sweet. And I like the pic of the Grackles too! Even though it is kind of unnerving. Wonder how you get rid of them. Our neighborhood is controlled by a marauding herd of Canadian geese. They block the streets and require payment in order to pass.

Jen January 23, 2009 at 7:06 PM  

Kool
Nice creative thinking there ;)

Stephanie Wetzel January 24, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

I love it Beckey. I couldn't believe it was a photo either.

(And if you were to visit my house today with those goggles, let's just say that you'd have the exact same photo opportunity.)

Tabitha Blue January 24, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

Oh that's interesting!! What a fun way to shoot.

I Heart Faces Photography Network

visits to my blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP