11/15/2010

just another Texas autumn

We try to make it out to Lost Maples every year since there are few places in Texas that get any kind of "fall color" to speak of. I think we were a little late this year, I really wanted to go last week, but I had to be home all week for the major plumbing repair that was underway.

Anyhow, we went today and even though most of the "spectacular" color was gone and on the ground already, I still managed to get some good shots in and we all had a great time on our short hike through the park.

Here are a few of the shots I got.

IMG_6170
the entrance to the park...probably the most colorful thing we saw

IMG_6212
I thought this was kinda pretty, so I zoomed in and got a nice close-up of it

IMG_6224
another pretty plant that I'm sure is what was making me sneeze throughout the day

IMG_6227
the path ahead

IMG_6204
Ronnie teaching the kids to skip stones

IMG_6252
some color!!! It really was few and far between, though

IMG_6297
I saw this ONE leaf from a distance and had to get a close up shot of it.

IMG_6267
Had to end this post with one of the kids...they really did have fun today, and so did I. Can't wait til next year.

2 comments:

Unknown November 16, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

I first read your title and thought it said "Another Texas Stadium." I didn't think you were a big sports fan, enough to visit all the various stadiums in Texas. Then again ... what do I know.

Beautiful fall colors. We don't get many either. I find the leaves just fall off before they have a chance to change color.

Audriana November 29, 2010 at 12:22 PM  

Beckey, you got some gorgeous fall pictures! I love the colors and the crispness in the air that you seemed to capture. Beautiful!

I Heart Faces Photography Network

visits to my blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP