11/28/2010

Sunda Citar ~ stars





I'm just getting it in under the wire. It's still Sunday though, and Sunday means it's time to share a quote or two, join in the Citar fun, brought to you by Tabitha at Fresh Mommy.

I got to spend Thanksgiving with my sister and her husband deep in the Piney woods of East Texas. I decided to give astrophotography a shot and see how it came out. Being so far away from any big cities, the skies are awesome for viewing stars. I used a pocket flashlight to "paint" the tops of the trees with light during a 30 second exposure. It was fun! Can't wait to try it again.

IMG_6804

"The stars at night, are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas!"
~ June Hershey

2 comments:

Gabby Malcuit November 29, 2010 at 10:03 AM  

Awesome! I'm in Texas, too, but unfortunately it's way too crowded here for stars.

brionyskerjance November 30, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

oh my gosh this is amazing. i have yet to take a good picture of the starry night sky, this makes me want to try.

I Heart Faces Photography Network

visits to my blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP