1/28/2011

fixing old photos

I've been looking through a lot of my older digital photos lately and now that I am more confident in my post processing capabilities, I am having fun "fixing" them.

Take this photo of my kids for example. The white balance was set wrong so they look all purple. Not a great shot.
before

But with some color correction, cropping and creative editing, I was able to fix the colors and now it is one of my favorite pics of the kids. I wish they would look that happy together more often these days.
after

Old lousy photos are great to practice on when learning the ins and outs of post processing. It's also another reason why I rarely delete photo files. There is always some kind of hope that with a little work, it could still be an awesome shot.

2 comments:

Nicole January 28, 2011 at 10:49 AM  

Perfect! Great photo too :o)

Unknown January 29, 2011 at 11:07 PM  

Oh my goodness Becky! That is a beautiful fix. I haven't been over to your blog in a minute. So great to come and say hi again Thank you from the very bottom of my heart for your lovely comment at the interview at Farmgirl Paints. I was SO nervous : )

I Heart Faces Photography Network

visits to my blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP