11/02/2008

Not my daddy's air show pics


IMG_4838, originally uploaded by beckeyz.

Earlier this week I was woken up by some extremely loud afterburner sounds. These cool pilots were practicing for the air show this weekend at the base just 2 miles from where I live.

My dad used to take us to air shows when I was much younger. I got my love for photography from my father. He gave me my first 35mm Minolta the Christmas of my senior year.

I decided I should take the kids to the air show since they got such a kick out of seeing them practice.

I remember the photos my dad took at air shows....they were mostly blue sky with a speck of black somewhere that was either a plane or perhaps a bird you could never really tell. And there were A LOT of them. That much I'm sure I got from him. I took close to 350 shots with my new zoom lens before my battery died (next time I'll know to bring the extra battery in my pocket). We had a blast.

I like to think my daddy would be proud of my photos today.

If you want to see more....click on the photo to go to my flickr page.

7 comments:

Bagel's Life @ Home & School November 2, 2008 at 10:57 PM  

cool pictures! I got my first 35mm camera when I graduated from High school, and I've also been taking pictures ever since.

These airshow ones are great!

Di November 3, 2008 at 10:29 AM  

Awesome!!!!

I think I took over 200 when we went to our air show. I really need a zoom lens, though.

Tabitha Blue November 3, 2008 at 7:55 PM  

That sounds like so much fun!!! I'll have to get out to one. I want to go now!! :)

Crystal November 12, 2008 at 6:56 PM  

Are you in S.A.?

Those photos are awesome.

BeckeyZ November 12, 2008 at 9:23 PM  

Yep, I've lived here since I was three. My dad was in the Air Force for 28 years.

Crystal November 14, 2008 at 12:22 AM  

I didn't realize you lived so close to me!

My hubby is working there this week in fact.

Small world. :)

Jen December 3, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

That is awesome!

I Heart Faces Photography Network

visits to my blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP